Monday, November 15, 2010

Weekend Update

Nov. 15th. 
DreamCatchers
Today, I am thankful that the California Supreme Court upheld a state law which allows illegal immigrants to qualify for instate tuition at universities if they attend 3 years at a CA high school, or graduated from a CA high school. It may be controversial, however, most of these students did not choose to come here illegally. They should not be punished for the choices of their parents. If they reside in the state, and call the state "home", then they should be able to receive in-state tuition. If these students were able to overcome so many obstacles and are eligible for college, they should be afforded the same opportunities as every other California high school student. 






Dreams should not be limited. They should have the ability to Fly as high as the Sky.




Nov. 14th. 
Sunday I was thankful for phone dates with best friends. Catchup sessions are so essential to me, and it was a fabulous way to end the day (even if as a result I only got a few hours of sleep).






Nov. 13th.


Saturday I was so thankful for the opportunity I have this year to teach Youth justice to DC high schoolers. Saturday was our Moot Court competition, which is where students argue their side of a case to 3 judges who can interrupt at any given time and ask questions. Our students did amazing, and one made it to the National Competition in Philadelphia in April. It was a wonderful day where I, along with my other partners was soo proud. 


I felt like I was watching the girls bloom before my very eyes.




Nov. 12th. 


Friday I was thankful for Tryst, a coffeehouse in Adams Morgan. It is a cute, chill place (with one very attractive server) that is much like Central Perk from Friends. It is a wonderful place to go do work, drink, and eat yummy food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment